COVID UPDATE 05/27/20
While there is still some confusion as to whether or not we can re-open because we are a retail storefront, there has been a few photographers in the province fined $40k and more, with the families they were photographing being fined $800 for taking photos. So until we get definitive written clarification from the Province, we cannot re-open. When we do, you will need to be familiar with our policy changes and practices.
PLEASE NOTE: As an increased safety measure when we open we will be shooting family sessions (of UNDER 10 people from the same household) outdoors only along with any other session we can possibly set up outdoors (Maternity, Prom Outfit Photos, Child Sessions, Grad Photos etc). Anything other than family groups can be done indoors provided they are one person at a time. Children may have one adult family member with them. We CANNOT get within 6 feet of you or your child, so will be showing you how to pose and advising you verbally only on anything we need you to do.
We will then be able to come and photograph you or your child for one of our "Fantasy Art Prints" or COVID Fundraiser photos if you want!
We will be taking a maximum of 2 clients in studio every other day (to allow any airborne germs to fall and die away), and at this time I will wear PPE for every session indoors as my son and I are both "high risk".
Please read all remaining policies to ensure you are aware of changes and MANDATORY requirements.
1) HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE: Clients will be sent a brief health questionnaire before your session. This must be completed and returned to me the day BEFORE your session. You can get the form at the bottom of this page.
2) PAYMENTS: We can no longer take payments on site, so payments will have to be made via our safe, online invoicing software or e-transfer before or immediately following your session.
3) HOURS: Our doors will be locked and only opened for the client we are shooting at the time. We will NOT be in the studio, and keeping up with the "stay at home" initiative when we do not have shoots.
4) PROTECTION/SANITIZATION: A hand sanitization station will be set up at the door, so you must sanitize upon entering and leaving. I will be wearing a mask for any indoor session at this time. I may wear one for outdoor sessions as well, depending on the circumstances. We will leave enough time between sessions to clean and sanitize the used space.
5) AMENITIES: While we will have a change room/bathroom available in case of a restroom emergency, we would prefer to keep the whole back of the studio closed off from clients as it is packed full of stuff and we can't clean and sanitize everything. Please be sure to dress in your outfit for your session and use the washroom before arriving. The coffee maker and water tanks will be off limits until further notice (so sorry). We ask that you not touch anything in the studio that you don't need to, we will happily show you the samples, go over props and backgrounds etc. If you bring in a coffee, or bags or a diaper, please take it out with you. We will have ample "grocery" bags for you to take your garbage with you. This keeps everyone safer.
6) CORPORATE PHOTOS: Corporate clients needing headshots will be able to get them, in studio or outside. We will have the floor taped in safe, social distances practice guidelines. We cannot photograph groups at this time, unless you live in the same household. We will have no change rooms for the time being, so please come dressed and ready to go. We will NOT BE looking at, choosing and editing the images AT your session, for the time being. We will have them to you the SAME DAY via a private gallery where you will pick your images and we will then edit and return them to you within 24 hours of your choices being made. We will NOT be going to indoor locations/offices to shoot unless all social distancing and Government guidelines are met there as well.
7) FAMILY SESSIONS: Groups/Family Sessions will resume outside, keeping the 6 foot social distancing rule in place, provided that the group size (including myself), does not exceed current Government allowances (10 people total). We will not use public parks or any area closed to the public, until allowed to do so. We will NOT be going to indoor locations/home to shoot unless all social distancing and Government guidelines are met there as well.
8) NEWBORN SESSIONS are not yet allowed by law. We can however do a Family session with you or your partner holding the baby for loving lifestyle images. We can also instruct you on how to pose or wrap your baby using our professional weighted newborn training doll. We will have no contact with you or your baby until it is permitted and will maintain a 6 foot distance at all times.
9) VIEWING/ORDERING SESSIONS: All viewing sessions will be held Via Zoom online meetings. You will be able to watch your slideshows, go over all the images with me and ask your questions, live and for free. Orders can then be placed online with me or on the online software and will be delivered anywhere in Collingwood free of charge, with no contact.
10). GRAD PHOTOS or Prom outfit shoots. We know you are sad there will be no proms and some of you did not get Grad photos. We will be doing grad images with print packages and digital files for super affordable pricing. We have gowns and are looking at borrowing sashes from the schools. Grad gowns will be washed after every use, so we can only book one Grad per day the studio is open. Again, we will have no change rooms for the time being, so come dressed and ready to go. We will also be doing Prom Minis, where your child can wear their Prom outfit and have photos with the friends or date (provided groups are allowed). We will capture this moment for them. I promise.
11) PASSPORT PHOTOS: These will only be done by appointment. While I am processing your images, please be kind enough to wait in your car.
12) MAKEUP SERVICES: Because Sarah's makeup services are literally in your face and hands on, she has a different set of rules and guidelines to meet ,both Provincially and Nationally. We will be offering her services in our studio again just as soon as she is allowed to open up again, and when we do, the strictest sanitary guidelines will be met, as always! You can keep up to date on when Sarah is open again here: www.beautymarked.ca
13) BOOKING FORMS: All booking forms have been updated to take COVID-19 Restrictions and illnesses into account.